The PlantPredict application experiences a new release roughly once a month. Major feature additions constitute a leading digit version increase (e.g. v3.12.0 to v4.0.0). Release notes are posted on this page when the release is live on production.
Release 8.4.0 Latest Release
30 APR 2020
- Allow time series to be carried through multi-year predictions
- Allow time series cloned predictions to carry data over
- Addressed issues related to last release requiring back-out of some features.
- Addressed issues related to API certificate validation failures
- ‘Modules Wide’ was not appropriately saving in the Map Builder
- Fractional shading was not working for v6 and prior predictions
- PVsyst import of bifacial module – Units fix
- Typo in the Time Series Download template – ‘Degress’ changed to ‘Degrees’
- Not able to run predictions for Antarctica
- MapBuilder KMZ EXPORT resulted in too many DC Tables
21 APR 2020
- When a prediction is waiting for a handler (Pending), the user will see their Queue position in order to better understand how long they will need to wait.
- None this release
09 APR 2020
- Administrators are now able to move users from one company to another
- Resolved Post Height Errors that were occurring in the Map Builder
- Fixed a bug on the Project Import that was causing a “Weather Not Found” error.
- When Read-Only predictions are cancelled, the Results Summary from a prior prediction run is no longer deleted
28 FEB 2020
- Upon log-in only “My Projects” are shown, to help with initial load time
- Corrected an error causing Table Length to be calculated differently on the front and back end
- Resolved an issue with Expanded Time Series usage for Tracking Angles
- Fixed an issue with Objects not being properly transposed when placing them near the DC Field
- Solved an issue that was temporarily preventing the cloning of predictions
- Alleviated an issue in which Backtracking was not being properly applied
04 FEB 2020
- Corrected “Tables per Row” issue with fractional effect electrical shading calculations
- Set default fraction effect percentage to 100
- Remedied issues that did not allow Fraction Effect electrical Shading with 2D shading predictions
- Added transmission line loss percentage to plant exports
29 JAN 2020
- New and improved 3D Shading Capabilities!
- Objects can now be added to a prediction to model near shading on a DC Field
- Stepped-Slope Predictions improved to provide more accurate results
- Electrical Shading algorithm improved for more accurate predictions
- Revamped DC Field UI for optimized Object Shading Experience
- Refer to the user manual HERE for more information on 3D object shading!
All 3D shading calculations were created using OpenGL. Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) is an application programming interface (API) for rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics.
- New and improved 3D Shading Capabilities!
03 DEC 2019
- Deprecated 3-diode shading model
- Updated library to facilitate bulk SQL operations and increase performance
18 NOV 2019
- Expanded “Module Quality” loss limits to -200 to 99
- Fixed issue with “Modules Wide” field in the “Build on the Map” functionality where the field reverts to default value on update
29 OCT 2019
- Fixed issues with Clean Power Research weather API update causing issues with weather file downloads
- Continued development toward improved performance and new features
15 OCT 2019
- Clean Power Research API call updated:
- North America region updated to v3.3
- South America newly added in v3.3
- Indian Ocean region added to v3.2
- Clean Power Research API call updated:
1 OCT 2019
- Continuous improvement and preparation for future PlantPredict features
19 SEP 2019
- Added ability to toggle leap year information in multi-year degradation found in the “Model Choices” section of the Simulation Settings for a prediction
5 SEP 2019
- Added the ability to toggle between metric/imperial units of measurement to the improved “Build on the Map” functionality
- Added ability to upload elevation data as .dem files and overlay a survey layer onto the map in “Build on the Map”
- Fixed issue which would not allow batch predictions to be deleted
- Resolved issue regarding “0 weather files to review” in project import process
20 AUG 2019
- Added ability to specify cell design type for module files
- Option to hold AC, DC or the AC:DC ratio constant added to “Build on the Map” functionality
- Improved module import experience by prompting for Cell technology, Diode Saturation Current, Gamma Temp Coefficient and Diode Quality Factor at import.
- Improved batch performance by correcting issue with processing using standard prediction engine
- Fixed issue with LGIA limit time series API call occurring before page load
- Time series selections now appear in power plant
- “Upload You Own Weather File” now lists accepted formats
- Remedied issue regarding bi-facial inputs being required when monofacial selected for a module import
- Recombination parameter now displays correct default when importing module
- Imperial/Metric toggle now works with row spacing in quick edit
- Fixed DC field width population issue being tied to AC:DC ratio
8 AUG 2019
- Notes can now be added to a prediction on the prediction overview screen
- Modified page responses to increase performance
- Boundary measurements added to Build on the Map functionality
- Resolved issue encountered when downloading SolarGIS weather files
- Yearly sums reordered chronologically on result export
- Wind sensor height is now included in module import after saving the module
- Metric and imperial unit conversion now functions when using Build on the Map for predictions
- Restored “Choose Specific Prediction” functionality in batch predictions
- Fixed issues with projects, predictions, modules, inverters and weather files not appearing until browser refresh
- Restored batch prediction exports
- GCR now updates when row spacing is changed while using Build on the Map feature
- Advanced options toggle restored in Model Choices
25 JUL 2019
- Re-imagined map builder functionality to provide an improved experience with new features including:
- A redesigned interface that creates a more fluid building experience
- Improved boundary drawing capabilities
- Ability to input desired maximum power in DC or AC
- Addition of Map Layers including parcel data, wetlands, flood hazards and constraints
- Constraints can be modeled as linear or area constraints
- Introduced new logic for adding data to an inverter using time series
- Predictions are now removed from the Project overview screen when deleted
- Revamped quick edit validation to correct issue with unused fields causing errors in predictions
- Re-imagined map builder functionality to provide an improved experience with new features including:
9 JUL 2019
- Added improved metrics for monitoring PlantPredict performance
2 JUL 2019
- Resolved issues with company shading defaults displaying incorrectly
- Optimized quick edit in order to improve functionality and usability, particularly for large sites
- Remedied loop issue when using “Return to Prediction” during the “Add New Weather” process
11 JUN 2019
- Plant Summary is now available when creating and editing predictions
- Added ability to toggle MWh vs. average MW to 12×24 view in prediction results
- Albedo data added to prediction results
- Corrected weather file import calculations and averages
- Resolved truncation error when exporting a weather file
- Improvements to “Quick Edit” inputs in Plant Builder
- Searches and filters are now retained while navigating through the application
- Ability to navigate back to prediction from new weather file import resolved
- Fixed issue with DC field width information not populating
30 MAY 2019
- Introduced PQ Curve functionality for inverters
- Added “Additional Night Losses” in the array section of the Plant Builder to more accurately account for losses
- Resolved issue with readability of the User Manual on Mobile
- Prediction status change no longer affects asset status
- Issue with 0 values in “Quick Edit” resolved
14 MAY 2019
- Introduced new Expanded Time Series functionality! For more information on what it does and how it works, see the user manual located here
- Fixed various issues with electrical shading custom import
- Corrected hyperlink redirect while not logged into PlantPredict
- Fixed issue with user being unable to save new modules
- Improved filtering performance across application
30 APR 2019
- Continued efforts to increase performance and speed
- Corrected PDF export issue for certain legacy predictions
18 APR 2019
- Read-only weather files are now truly read-only
- Fixed bug causing instances of infinite loading in the application
- Fixed bug causing the linear degradation option to not appear right in certain instances
- Fixed bug causing a newly created prediction to not appear until a refresh
- Fixed a bug with power plant labeling within the builder
- Fixed bug causing map builder to save inappropriately at various times
- Fixed various labeling and units errors throughout the application
2 APR 2019
- Nodal data can now be specified in a prediction before the prediction run, and the user can choose which sections of nodal data to include. For more information, see the user manual HERE
- Users can now download multiple reports at once
- Monthly energy and GHI sums are now included in PDF and 8760 Plant Summary reports
- The POAI summary will no longer be shown in weather files when POAI is not included in the weather file
- Continued performance improvements
- Fixed bug causing simulation date to be incorrect after edit from user
- Fixed bug causing the custom shading table in the module file to be transposed after saving in certain situations
19 MAR 2019
- Continued performance enhancements throughout the application – users should notice a general increased application speed
- Users will now have a “Quick View” option on read-only predictions
- PlantPredict will now ensure a weather file is exactly one year long if the user wants to replicate the prediction
- Albedo and module name will now be included in comparison reports
- Improved validation for custom shading tables
- Fixed bug preventing prediction energy charts to be displayed
- Fixed bug causing the inability to delete predictions in certain situations
- Fixed bug causing corrupt exports of draft multi-year predictions
5 MAR 2019
- Large performance improvements were implemented to asset libraries. After an initial load, modules, inverters, and weather files should load much faster, both in the aforementioned asset libraries and in the power plant builder where assets are used
- Improved the accuracy of the EIR calculations in the Module File Generator
- PlantPredict will now inform the user if they use the improper module orientation with select modules
- Users now have the ability to cancel a running prediction
- Read-only predictions are now more “read-only”
- Fixed issue with the aggregation of data in subhourly weather files
27 FEB 2019
- Electrical Shading is now available in PlantPredict! Accurate shading profiles for all module types will now be applied automatically, and the user will also have the ability to apply custom shading profiles if desired.
- Shading profiles for predictions can now be defined a) on the prediction level in model choices, and b) in the module itself
- Shading profiles for module file is defaulted based on module technology and were chosen based on industry standards
- The company default for shading has been changed away from “Linear” to be “Module Defined”
- See the User Guide and the Models and Algorithms page for more information
- Improved the draft-export workflow
- Fixed bug while generating API credentials for certain users
- Fixed bug causing the first keystroke to be ignored when filling out row spacing to GCR calculation (GCR to row spacing was unaffected)
- Electrical Shading is now available in PlantPredict! Accurate shading profiles for all module types will now be applied automatically, and the user will also have the ability to apply custom shading profiles if desired.
5 FEB 2019
- Fixed bug causing the welcome email to not appear for certain users
- Fixed bug causing predictions to fail above a certain elevations
- Fixed bug causing DHI to report incorrectly in the 8760 report when its value is 0
- Fixed bug causing PDF summary to incorrectly appear on 2 pages
23 JAN 2019
- Draft-status predictions can now be exported. They will have a draft watermark and a _draft filename to avoid confusion
- Albedo and Post Height will now be included in the exported 8760, when applicable
- Improved error messaging throughout the application
- Fixed bug causing new users accounts to not move from “Pending” to “Active”
- Fixed bug causing old PlantPredict weather file formats to not be recognized
- Fixed bug causing large weather files to take too long during the upload process
- Fixed various labeling issues throughout the application
- Fixed bug causing bifacial modules from being run in a a map or batch prediction
14 DEC 2018
- Verson 7 Logic is now live in PlantPredict. The new logic provides improvements in:
- Inverter operation
- Sub-hourly weather files
- PVS reporting
- Leap-year processing
- Fixed bug causing users to be unable to save a power plant with larger “module high” numbers
- Verson 7 Logic is now live in PlantPredict. The new logic provides improvements in:
29 NOV 2018
- Improved error messages in various situations throughout the application
- Removed the “My Projects” filter as a default when logging in
- A project’s name can now be edited
- A users email will now be saved in the login form
- Fixed bug causing users to have to re-accept the EULA mid-session
- Fixed various bugs with uploading weather files
- Fixed bug causing calculated performance temperature coefficient to not update
- Fixed bug preventing a project from being created in South Sudan
- Fixed bug causing the Generate Weather workflow to error out
- Fixed bug causing only one prediction to show while comparing predictions
- Fixed bug causing Batch predictions to not hold their parameters after certain runs
- Fixed bug causing the transmission line value to not save once changed
- Fixed bug causing the GCR calculation to be delayed by one keystroke
- Fixed bug with storage predictions in Firefox
- Fixed various bugs only showing in Internet Explorer
- Fixed various labeling and typos through the application
10 NOV 2018
- PlantPredict now uses a brand new login authentication method. You will use your email in combination with a password to login – no more social logins! An email from PlantPredict support was sent on November 10th. Inside that email is an activation link that will allow you to create your new password and login to PlantPredict. Should you have any issues, please contact support@plantpredict for assistance
16 OCT 2018
- The weather upload process will now include data quality checks in the form of a popup message on the “Quality Check” step
- Cell technology options when “bifacial” is chosen while creating a module will now be limited to actual bifacial technologies
- “Clear Sky” irradiance will now default to on in various charts throughout the application
- Improved error messaging regarding the “Upload Full IV Curves” of the Module File Generator
- Fixed bug blank login screen on IE11
- Fixed bug causing the “X” on the module and inverter file screens to function improperly
- Fixed bug causing trend line to disappear in multi-year prediction summaries
- Fixed various issues with metric to imperial rounding
- Fixed bug required ESS data in power plant when no ESS data was present
- Fixed bug causing the IV curve in the Module File Generator to appear incorrect at various times
- Fixed bug causing too many transformers to appear in the “Compare Predictions” feature
- Fixed copy/paste bug in inverter files
- Fixed bug causing storage parameters to appear incorrect in exported the I&A document
2 OCT 2018
- Fixed bug causing weather file values in tables and charts to occasionally appear incorrect
- Fixed instances of incorrect units being used
- The prediction queue is now listed in descending order from the time the prediction was run
- Changed text and hyperlinks in the “Weather Vendor” section
- Fixed bug causing latitude and longitude to be incorrect in a prediction’s results
- Adjusted the logic for weather file data selector to allow any and all data to be selected in table view
- Fixed bug causing calculated and clear sky POAI in weather files to not show up
- Fixed various false positive banner warnings
- Fixed bug with copy/paste function in Module File Generator’s “Enter Full IV Curves”
- Fixed bug which created extra clones whenever user entered and altered the “Model Choices” of a cloned prediction
- Fixed bug which caused module gap and collector bandwidth not to update upon user alteration
- Fixed bug causing “Module Orientation” to display the “Modules High” value
- Fixed bug causing an incorrect error message when “Seasonal Tilt” was toggled on and off
- Structure shading will now set a default value as specified in the company “Default Settings”
- Fixed bug preventing projects from being imported across companies
- Fixed bug causing incorrect ashrae temperature values
- Users can once against import inverters via a .ppi file
- Fixed bug causing an unresponsive save button in the inverter file
- “Post Height” will now only be visible when bifacial modules are used
- The unit of area in map builder has been changed to hectares
18 SEPT 2018
- Improved performance of export of large weather files
- The Module File Generator now has two new input features – 1) Enter Key IV Points, and 2) Enter Full IV Curves. See the user manual for information on how to use these two new features
9 SEPT 2018
- Fixed bug preventing user from uploading an excel file into the weather database that contained more than a single sheet
- The PlantPredict Module File Generator is now live! Using the Module File Generator, users can now generate a fully functional PlantPredict module file – also known as a .ppm file, which is analogous to a .PAN file. Release 1 includes the ability to generate a .ppm file by simply entering in datasheet parameters, with the optional feature of tuning the 1-diode parameters to a specified EIR curve. See the User Guide section and the Models and Algorithms section of the PlantPredict website for more information
21 AUG 2018
- Fixed bug causing prediction to error out when prediction was run with “Energization Date” on
- Fixed various upload errors with weather file uploads
- Fixed header issues in nodal data
- Enhanced the Swagger API documentation
7 AUG 2018
- 2D view factor model for simulating bifacial systems is now available for use in PlantPredict
*There is a general shortage of utility-scale field validation of bifacial prediction models in industry and this model is no different. Unlike the core monofacial PlantPredict models, this new bifacial performance model has not been validated and benchmarked at scale against measured data.
- Fixed bug with GCR/Row spacing calculation
- Fixed bug with adding a transmission line
- Fixed bug causing seasonal tilt to not save
- Fixed bug preventing the overriding of module construction type when cell technology type is chosen
- Fixed bug causing the currentUser attribute to be lost upon refresh
- Expanded the functionality of the weather file import process to find invalid entries in uploaded files
- Implemented a Multi-Year Summary sheet in the exported 8760 of a multi-year prediction
- Fixed bug causing PV Energy and Storage energy totals to not display in exported 8760
- Fixed bug causing predictions with different P-values to not display correctly
26 JULY 2018
- NSRDB weather database upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0
- Fixed bug causing incorrect weather file export when weather file contains <8760 entries
- Implementation of UX Rings
- Prediction name will now pre-populate when user wants to edit the name of a prediction
- Fixed bug causing application to crash when certain values in the DC field were set to 0
- Fixed bug causing an unintelligible error message when exporting a minute level weather file
- The weather file upload process will now check for invalid entries in the GHI and POAI columns
10 JULY 2018
Prediction will now give user indication that it’s running on the main prediction screen.
- Fixed bug preventing data from being shown in prediction summary cards
- Fixed bug causing Draft-Shared predictions to be un-runable
- Fixed bug causing the “Delete” button to not work from within the Energy Storage section of a prediction
- “Cell Technology” and “Module Construction” fields within the module file are now required fields
- Fixed bug causing POAI information to be required in a weather file when no POAI information is present
- Copying and pasting a prediction URL into a new tab or window will now take the user to the desired prediction rather than to the Project landing page
- User will now be taken back to the Power Plant Builder from module or inverter file when originally navigated to that asset from the Power Plant Builder
- Release of custom dispatch/charge capabilities for energy storage modeling
- Fixed bug causing the construction date to always be set to Dec 20 2011
- When POAI used, decomposition and transposition are now automatically set to DIRINT and Perez and no error messages are thrown
- Adding new weather from within a prediction now automatically selects that weather when user navigates back to prediction
- Fixed bug causing non-decimal format latitude and longitude to be displayed incorrectly
- User now has the ability to navigate day-by-day in the Charts sections by using arrow keys
- Fixed bug causing azimuth and slope azimuth to be incorrectly displayed on DC field visualizer (results were unaffected)
- Fixed bug causing default Transmission Line resistance values to be incorrectly populated
- Improved various error messages during the weather import process
- Fixed bug causing the numbering of new portions of the Power Plant Builder to be capped at 10
26 JUNE 2018
- PlantPredict now has energy storage capacity, or PVS. The scope of this feature is limited to AC-coupled storage systems. This means that the storage is connected to the PV system at the MV level, after the MV transformers and associated cabling. The storage system consists of batteries, inverters and MV transformers and cabling. The PVS models and algorithms can be found in the Models and Algorithms section of the PlantPredict website.
- Fixed issue with exported 8760 reports causing “MW” to appear instead of “MWh”
12 JUNE 2018
- Fixed bug causing sluggish, slow performance
- Fixed bug causing the Plant Output Limit to be incorrectly turned off in certain situations
- Fixed bug causing the Block Builder to be empty when Map Builder is converted to a Block Builder
- Fixed bug causing predictions to be hidden when P Values are added to a prediction
24 MAY 2018
- Fixed bug causing rotational limit as well as various unit labels in Quick Edit to not appear correctly
- Restored the power plant icon as well as many other unit labels to the View Full Results screen
- “Search Available Vendors” will now be autoclicked when entering “Add New Weather” screen from within a prediction
- Enabled truncation of various input values when displayed within a prediction.
- Fixed bug preventing negative temperature values from being put in the inverter derate curve
- Fixed bug preventing inverter setpoint and design derate to not be linked in Quick Edit.
- Fixed bug allowing user to create a new prediction with no name
- Fixed bug causing power plant elements to be missing upon the first entry to a cloned prediction
- Fixed bug causing certain defaults to not be set when importing a module from PVsyst
- Fixed bug on weather import causing start and end date to be wrong
- Fixed bug causing all variables to be selected during the weather file import
- Fixed bug causing the “Recheck Timeshift” button to not work within weather import process
- Fixed bug causing the collector bandwidth within the DC field to not update when “modules high” was updated
- Fixed bug preventing the successful conversion from a map to a block builder
21 MAY 2018
- Fixed bug that disallowed account linking feature used during the login process
- Predictions within a project will now be ordered in descending order based on the most recent updated date.
- Fixed bug causing on-screen results for multi-year predictions to display the wrong year of results
- Fixed bug causing transmission line values to not live-update
- Fixed bug preventing the upload of weather files with POAI
- Fixed bug preventing single year prediction results from showing up
11 MAY 2018
- Upgraded the front-end framework of PlantPredict from AngularJS to Vue.js, providing users with a fresh, snappy application experience and upgrading the future application potential. New Application URL: ui.plantpredict.com. New API Application URL: api.plantpredict.com
- API calls must remove the “/api” from the URL – that is no longer supported.
- Previous call: https://app.plantpredict.com/api/Project…
- New call: https://api.plantpredict.com/Project…
- DNS name splitting the UI from the API. Previously both were under app.plantpredict.com, now the UI is ui.plantpredict.com and the API is api.plantpredict.com.
- ASHRAE stations now include additional station Locality information
- Added new 3Tier/Vaisala weather file format for automatic detection during weather import.
9 MARCH 2018
- Fixed bug causing sun icon on loading screen to not work properly
- Fixed bug with Map Builder causing energy predictions to be incorrect*
- Cloud service operating system upgraded
*On February 22, 2018, an issue was identified with the PlantPredict Map Builder that caused shading losses to be understated and predicted energy to be overstated. The issue was rectified with Release 6.0.0 on 3/9/2018. The issue is confined to Map Builder predictions created and run prior to Release 6.0.0. Because shading losses are generally higher for horizontal trackers, especially when true-tracking, such predictions will be most significantly affected.
Users with affected predictions can remedy their predictions in a couple ways. First, rerunning Map Builder predictions using version logic 6.0.0 will resolve the issue. Alternatively, users can convert Map Builder predictions into a Block Builder predictions while maintaining version logic 5 or earlier. Either method is equally valid and will successfully resolve the issue. Upon rerunning, users should expect to see an increase in shading losses and decrease in energy.
12 FEB 2018
- Fixed bug preventing weather vendor API access
- Fixed bug preventing the linking of PlantPredict account with Google or Microsoft authentication account
26 JAN 2018
- Changed the navigation bar of PlantPredict to make it more readable and also include a “Recent Predictions” section
- Fixed bug causing the graphical results of Batch predictions to appear incorrect
- Fixed bug that kept child predictions of Batch predictions from changing their status when the parent prediction’s status was changed
- Fixed bug causing Batch predictions to use the same input parameters on a rerun of the prediction
- Extended the boundaries for the Recombination Parameter and the Diode Ideality Factor in the module file
- Fixed bug preventing Batch predictions from showing graphical results when only iterating a single variable
- Expanded the API functionality of nodal data – users can now access nodal data via the API on the block, array, inverter, and DC field level
- Incorporated an error message and back-end check for situations in which a user – 1) tries to use a non-0 recombination parameter with a non-thin film technology, and 2) tries to use the 1-Diode recombination simulation model with a 0 Recombination Parameter or a 0 Built-in Voltage
- Built-in Voltage and Bandgap Voltage and now populate when “Cell Technology” is selected
- Fixed bug that prevented a scroll bar from appearing when confirming Ashrae stations when cloning a project
- The map builder will now automatically refresh upon entering
- Changed the “Save and Close” button to just “Close” in situations in which the prediction was not altered
13 DEC 2017
- Fixed bug causing Batch predictions to not correctly modify DC capacity when DC:AC ratio was iterated.
- Fixed bug causing Batch predictions to not include correct shading losses.
- Clean Power Research weather files are again available for user download.
- Weather files lacking locality uploaded from the user from within a prediction will now pull locality information from the Project.
- Fixed bug causing too many significant figures in the tilt angle to be displayed on a prediction summary screen.
- Fixed bug causing row spacing to not calculate if GCR is chosen before the module file.
28 NOV 2017
- Fixed bug causing the Google Logo in the Map Builder to be hidden.
- Expanded the lower limit of the LID loss factor input parameter from 0 to -10 in DC field (allowing for LID gains, like in the case of light soaking gains).
- Fixed a bug causing the “Spectral Shift” parameters in a module to be set incorrectly when creating a new module.
- “Cell Technology” is now a required field when creating a module.
- Fixed bug causing the displayed slope of the linear trendline for degradation to be off by a factor of 100.
- Fixed bug causing the “Maximum Desired MWdc” to be incorrectly set to 0 when using a base prediction for a Batch simulation.
- Improved error message when weather files that have non-numeric values in data fields are uploaded.
- The graphical heat map now represents the results of a Batch prediction.
- Moved the “miles distance from” in weather files in a Batch to below the title of the weather file.
- “Weather File POA” now defaults to “On” when a weather file with POAI is imported from within a prediction.
14 NOV 2017
- Fixed bug that caused imported weather files with the PlantPredict Excel Template to replace NULL values with 12. Note that text values (ie NULL and NaN) are currently not supported as part of any weather import.
- Fixed bug that caused the Inputs and Assumptions PDF to display the DC Wiring Loss value in the DC Health field.
- Fixed bug that caused a batch prediction to use previous input parameters when trying to rerun a batch prediction with new parameters.
- Fixed bug that limited batch predictions to a single inverter.
- Fixed bug that preventing running batch predictions when a base prediction was used.
- Fixed bug that caused the user to be dropped into an empty screen when a batch prediction was cloned from output screen.
- Fixed bug that produced incorrect weather files under certain circumstances with the synthetic weather generator.
- Fixed bug causing “Bid” statuses on predictions to be labeled incorrectly.
- Added a “Sort By’ function for the list of predictions on the batch results page.
- Fixed bug preventing the creation of projects in regions without country codes (i.e. West Bank).
- Fixed bug defaulting CdTe modules to “Backtracking” instead of “True tracking”.
- Weather file character name can now be greater than 50 characters.
- Fixed bug causing an incorrect timeshift of 30 minutes for non-hourly weather files.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly assumed all weather files that were imported in Excel format were in PlantPredict template format.
- Fixed bug causing the Model Choices button on a standard prediction to incorrectly appear already visited and completed in some circumstances.
- Fixed bug preventing the saving of fields in an older module file.
- Degradation settings for a prediction will now update when a module with a new degradation setting is chosen.
01 NOV 2017
- Batch predictions now available – users are now able to compare up to 350 predictions at once with predefined iterations of up to 2 variables.
- Module technology specific loss factor defaults now pulled from module files rather than from “Default Settings” in account management.
- Module Cell Technology types now include PERC and BSF options.
- Module files now include Construction Type (i.e. glass-glass and glass-backsheet).
- Fixed bug that caused mapping flood calculations to yield slightly lower DC.
- Changed “Resistivity” text label to “Resistance”. No associated change to functionality.
- Fixed bug causing the first year of degradation to occur a year late in multi-year degradation predictions where “Stepped AC” was selected.
- Changed prediction comparison in the UI and excel reports from having positive values as loss and negative as gain to having positive values as gain and negative as loss.
- Increased maximum transformer rating to 20,000 kVA.
- Fixed bug that caused calculated pressure data to be included in imported weather files when POAI was included in the raw data but pressure was not.
- Fixed bug that caused automatic logout of an administrator when another account is disabled
- Improved inverter logic when operating around the MPP floor of the inverter. Lower inverter limitation losses will be seen in some predictions, especially when the DC system was operating near the lower MPPT range of the inverter.
- Cloned predictions now have the suffix “ – CLONE”.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly indexed timestamps on Clean Power Research weather files.
- Weather files in the weather library are now sorted in descending order.
- Implemented new NASA weather library, which provides free weather data for individuals worldwide.
- Fixed logic for non-hourly weather files. Specifically, tracker limitation losses were previously too high in sub-hourly files, and total energy reported, POAI and other related metrics were incorrect in previous versions of the software when sub-hourly weather data was used. *Note* Non-hourly weather files imported before V5.0.0 were not updated, so please re-import non-hourly weather files for accurate data.
- Fixed bug causing a blank prediction uncertainty analysis.
- Fixed bug causing “I Agree” button on the Terms and Conditions page to only display a “-“.
- Fixed bug causing the “Manage Accounts” header to be misaligned.
- Fixed bug not allowing user to change the name of a previously-run prediction.
20 SEP 2017
- Fixed bug that caused prediction start and end date to shift back one day and prediction to fail.
- Fixed bug that caused selection for degradation type to falsely toggle back to “None”.
- Plant Annual Energy chart in prediction results now labels the linear fit trend with its degradation rate.
- Fixed incorrect units for temperature difference values.
- Fixed incorrectly displayed error messages.
6 SEP 2017
- Resolved bug in which changing the prediction name was not always reflected in the Prediction Log
- Weather file map distance calculation corrected.
- Setback can now be zero in power plant map builder.
- Application no longer freezes when “Modules High” value is deleted in DC Field.
- Map builder view zoomed further out by default to more closely match utility-scale system sizes.
- Columns added to nodal data export via prediction results.
- Higher precision now allowed for DC:AC ratio.
- Module to cell temperature difference unit conversion bug fixed.
23 AUG 2017
- POAI can be imported as part of a weather file and used as the basis of energy predictions via the GTI-DIRINT model.
- Clean Power Research temporarily down for maintenance. New downloads are not available at this time.
- Secondary y-axis available on Results Chart.
- Internet Explorer long running script bugs resolved.
- Typing delay incorporated into Create New Project screen on latitude and longitude inputs.
- Resolved bug which caused to multiple errors when an Inverter was chosen before the Module in the Map Builder.
- Custom Excel files can now be imported using the Weather Import Process.
14 JUL 2017
- New 3D scene added to the DC Field of Power Plant Builder to visualize DC Field set up and orientation.
- New slope functionality added to the DC Field to allow modeling of sloped terrains.
- Improved Power Plant map builder feature to work with Firefox browser.
- Enhanced Power Plant map builder to include Site Capacity of DC that fits within drawn boundary.
28 JUN 2017
- New Non-Linear DC Degradation option for user to input custom degradation yearly profile from within the module or simulation settings of a prediction.
- Add New Weather from within a prediction now defaults the latitude and longitude from the project location.
- Enhanced Power Plant Map builder feature to support input of tilt angle or rotational limits, unit conversion preference, download .KMZ option, and limit of the DC fill display based on user input of Target MWdc.
- Inverter selection list sorted alphabetically within the Power Plant builder.
- User now has option to re run prediction from within Charts Results tab to display the charts for Draft status predictions.
- Improved filter drop down options for Weather, Inverter, and Module libraries
14 JUN 2017
- New simple layout feature to allow for user to draw site boundary on map and define power plant parameters within defined boundary.
- Environmental Conditions weather selection updated to show map and weather list side by side.
- Prediction comparison output report improvements.
- Weather file export file to include wind sensor height field.
- Deleted project from project list view removes from list without needing to refresh
31 MAY 2017
- Ordered ran predictions newest on top in the Prediction Que.
- ICF and DNV validation reports posted in Resource Library.
- Changed location and format of Need Help pull up menu’s.
- The Plant Output limit value is no longer rounded in output reports.
- Enabled deep linking feature to allow for link of prediction or project to be sent to other users to open directly without needing to navigate from the project dashboard.
- New Charts tab added to the Results screen to visually display results by day, month, or year.
- Energization dates field to still display the date selected when turned OFF.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Array Based Toggle to be set to ON.
17 MAY 2017
- Resolved issue preventing users from downloading NSRDB weather data
- Synthetic monthly generator added as a weather import method to allow users to create
- Feature added in Power Plant Builder on the Inverter tab allowing users to exclude cooling design temperature from the kVA rating calculation
- Added capability to delete a prediction on the prediction list view
- Added ‘Back’ functionality in the Weather Import process
- In the Power Plant Builder tree view, the Inverter/DC Field Repeat Count has been added to the hover over window on the inverter object
- Enhanced the prediction result summary screen
- (12×24) chart tab has been added to the prediction results
02 MAY 2017
- SolarGIS now available as a weather vendor – demo licenses available for all users with option to purchase and store API keys for extended use in PlantPredict.
- More options available in the Quick Edit feature that can be selected from the Display Fields drop down menu.
- Soiling loss can now be imported as part of a weather file and used in simulations in place of static monthly values.
- Enhancements to the prediction engine to reduce prediction run times.
- Users can now remove inverter efficiency data points.
18 APR 2017
- Improved nodal data output format and included new column for inverter limitation loss in the inverter nodal data output.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the addition of inverters in the Power Plant builder when array transformer was turned off.
- Fixed bug that prevented diffuse decomposition models other than Erbs to be used when the weather file lacked diffuse irradiance.
- Quick Edit bug fix allowing the “Update All” functionality to work properly for Row Spacing input.
- Bug fix ensuring that all predictions appear in the prediction list when using the Compare feature.
04 APR 2017
- Improved time shift check in weather import process. Clear sky model employed now uses Google API time zone used for projects rather than weather file time zone.
Fixed an issue preventing reports from rendering when a transformer or transmission line is used in the Power Plant section
22 MAR 2017
- Company Admins can now enter weather API login credentials in the Manage Accounts section of the website.
- Improved the usability of the prediction queue by relocating it to the left navigation bar and displaying additional prediction information.
- Fixed bug that was affecting the use of the Quick Edit feature for changing row spacing when Array Based Shading feature in the power plant builder was turned on.
- Called out degradation losses explicitly in the Loss Tree, including fixing a bug which previously caused degradation losses to be incorrectly included as part of the Inverter Limitation Loss when Linear DC Degradation was used.
09 MAR 2017
- Improved display when importing weather data and added a toggle for data sets containing leap days.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the clone of DC Field in the Power Plant Builder.
- Weather vendor partnerships established to provide sample data to customers through their API services with some accessibility limits.
- Reduced loading time for Prediction list within a Project.
- Added nighttime loss output capability to the API.
22 FEB 2017
- Improved weather import process, featuring more streamlined flow and data quality checks
- Several new user interface improvements – better toast and warning messages and tab headers, to name a few
- Array based shading feature which allows for improved prediction accuracy when running predictions with small DC fields (for example string inverters nested in a large DC Field)
- Code versioning system allowing user to revert to older Version 3 of the backend code
- Bug fix allowing projects to have half an hour and other subhourly time zones
- Inverter files now feature DC and AC Power columns in their efficiency table
- Select inverters in the Global library were retired and reimported with corrected efficiency tables
- OND file converter now correctly maps DC power exported by PVsyst to DC power in PlantPredict efficiency tables
- Shading algorithm now correctly uses East-West array dimension when calculating shading on fixed tilt systems (no change for tracker systems)
- NSRDB PSM and NSRDB SUNY data now downloads using correct “middle of interval” timestamp denotation
24 JAN 2017
- Bug fix allowing users to use Google or Microsoft for log in process.
- Tree view automatically reorders assets when they are renumbered.
- Bug fix resulting in correct MWac size in the power plant builder array tab display.
- The monthly spectral value included in the output reports now displays 0 for months that are not in the weather file.
- Global components now owned by “System Account”.
- Bug fix which directly bypasses the Plant Output Limit (LGIA) calculation when setting is turned “OFF”.
- Black and Veatch Technical Review available in Resource Center
20 DEC 2016
- Retired select weather files in California mislabeled as NREL-provided and reimported as White Box Technologies provided
- Bug fix enabling inverter files to be saved when an efficiency or derate curve is removed
- Bug fix enabling projects to be created in time zones +13 and +14
29 NOV 2016
- Allow opening and viewing of Weather, Inverter and Module files within a prediction that is in a read-only state
- Improved formatting in Firefox browser
- Inverter files can be created by uploading an OND file
- Weather compare feature added to the Environmental Conditions section of prediction builder
10 NOV 2016
- Export and import functionality of projects, predictions, and associated components now work between companies
- Array Transformer in the power plant builder can now be turned on or off to remove the MV transformer loss from the output
- Weather selection process in Environmental Condition screen updated to improve user flow and functionality
- On-Screen plant summary results visually improved
- A cumulative tab for multi-year predictions is now included in the plant summary on-screen results and export of the Plant Summary 8760 report
- An informational error message now displays when a prediction is attempted to run without diffuse irradiance present in the weather file
- Availability loss input field added to the System section of prediction builder
- Maximum allowable row spacing extended to 50m, 164ft
- Format improvement of the Inputs and Assumptions document
- In the weather file table view, all variables can be selected at once for comparison
18 OCT 2016
- “Remove Completed” button added to the prediction queue. Allows users to quickly clear the queue of completed processes.
- Tree view in Power Plant Builder enhanced to display additional information
- Weather map search changed to only search geographic locations and latitude/longitude
- Under Manage Accounts, a company can now overwrite PlantPredict default values for all fields
- Updated labels in the inverter section of the Power Plant builder:
- “Power Factor” to “Design Derate”
- “kVA” to “Temperature Adjusted kVA”
4 OCT 2016
- Degradation model now allows you to run multiple years by repeating a TMY single year file and apply degradation. This feature only works with single year weather files and only allows 50 years maximum. The on-screen summary and output reports allow for viewing results per year.
- Update design of the metric and imperial unit toggle to make more clear which unit is selected
- Weather File DNI toggle has been set to default OFF in the Advanced Model Choices section of prediction builder
- Updated version of OND and PAN Converter tool included in the Resource Center
- Bug fix of the GCR not updating when switching from Fixed Tilt to Horizontal Tracker in the Power Plant builder DC Field section
20 SEP 2016
- Bug fix preventing dates from being saved under Model Choices while using Internet Explorer
20 SEP 2016
- Ability to repeat the inverter and the associated DC Field added to the Inverter tab of the power plant builder
- Data Source collection field added to inverter
- Latest version of spectral model added as an option to Model Choices. The model uses 2 parameters: precipitable water and air mass
- Adjusted login process to allow association of personal Gmail accounts with company login or authentication
23 AUG 2016
- Prediction nodal data is now accessible without being required to change status of the prediction to a read-only state
- Due to user feedback, Run Bulk Actions has been removed. The compare and change status buttons have been restored for ease of use
- Records in the prediction list view within a project now include prediction preview information (MWac, MWdc, DC:AC, Mounting Type, GCR %)
- When creating a new project, the map view will zoom in on the location and display nearby projects for your reference
- YouTube tutorial videos placed on the Help tabs throughout the application and in the Resource Center User Manual
- A .OND and .PAN file converter tool is now available in the Resource Center allowing users to quickly convert to PlantPredict files
- A PlantPredict warning message countdown displays when a new version is about to be released to inform users to save their work before they are kicked out
- Project list is now sorted by date created in descending order
- Internet Explorer v10 is no longer supported by PlantPredict and will be prompted with an Unsupported Browser message when visited
- The Save and Close button in the Power Plant builder no longer clears results if no changes have been made
- Import/Export and cloning of projects or predictions is now enabled. Previously this feature was disabled and under construction
9 AUG 2016
- Updated Prediction list by removing the Notes section to allow for the prediction list to use the entire screen
- Updated all modules to include 2-Param Pwat and AM spectral coefficients (Model to be released next sprint)
- Spectral selection logic changed to use dropdown in Model Choices. Three choices: None, 1-Param Pwat or Sandia, or Monthly Override
- Added NSRDB PSM and NSRDB SUNY as downloadable API weather options. This service is available in the Americas and India. View data coverage MAP
- The Change Status modal for exporting prediction results in Draft status now displays the correct Prediction name. Components draft list updated to exclude duplicates
- Prediction results downloadable file name now defaults to prediction name
- In the on-screen compare decomposition model selection now displays
25 JUL 2016
- LID loss default updated for Poly c-Si modules to 1.5% from 2.0%
- Uncertainty Analysis plot in Simulation Settings corrected to display P-Values on the correct side of the chart
- Weather chart table view default updated to Monthly instead of Hourly
- Corrected bug requiring the time frame start date to be within the first year for multi-year weather files
- Filters changed to be persistent and maintain the filter selection during the user session
- Filters updated to allow multiple filter choices at once for better usability
- Time frame selection from the calendar drop-down in Simulation Settings is now restricted to the date range of the weather file to prevent user error
- Average DC Array Size calculation corrected; previously reported DC Field average size
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to compare weather files from the weather map view
- IE bug affecting prediction progress bar functionality fixed, located in the prediction queue
- Weighted average GCR percentage now displays as part of the On-Screen Results and downloadable reports: Plant Summary, Block Summary, Prediction Comparison, and Reports
- Fixed bug that was preventing a prediction from running if the Mounting Structure was first defined as Fixed Tilt then changed to Seasonal Tilt
- Metric to Imperial toggle added to left hand navigation menu for simple onscreen unit conversions
15 JUL 2016
- Fixed a bug preventing Module Orientation and Tracking Method drop downs in the DC Field from opening
13 JUL 2016
- Fixed bug preventing users from accessing the prediction compare
12 JUL 2016
- Predictions will now run when a weather file does not contain DNI and/or DHI.
- Minimum AC Power Threshold unit label corrected to W instead of kW
- Onscreen prediction results view label adjusted. “LGIA Limit” label change to “Plant Limit” in order to promote consistent messaging through the application.
- Tracker rotational limit default updated in DC Field to 60/60 instead of 45/45
- Module list view updated to group based on manufacturer and secondarily sort by module wattage
- Bug fixed where azimuth warning message in DC Field was incorrectly triggering
- Weather list in Environmental Conditions updated to sort by distance in ascending order
- Error message added when a new user is added but already has an existing account
- “Email address is already in use”
- GCR and Row Spacing are now co-dependent variables making it easier to compare between different technologies. Mounting Structure layout in the DC Field improved
- Obscure bug preventing saving in the Power Plant Builder fixed related to DC Fields using seasonal tilt
- Time Frame in Model Choices now defaults correctly to weather file start and end date regardless of your computer/browsers UTC time setting
- Validation check added to confirm Time Frame in Model Choices is within the start and end date of the weather file
- “Timeframe must be inside the bounds of the weather file start and end date”
- New modal added to force user to move a prediction to a read-only status when exporting reports. This logic is added to confirm there is a matching soft copy of all reports generated
- Compare Prediction screen can now be exported into user friendly excel file
- New page header design implemented throughout the application to improve user experience
28 JUN 2016
- Power Plant Builder tab drop-downs now show complete list of Blocks, Arrays, Inverters, and DC Fields instead of only 10
- Environmental Conditions screen page scrolling bug fixed
- Corrected Environmental Conditions spectral override error message to trigger on Save event
- Environmental Conditions weather list bug fixed and now allows collapse of summary view
- Change Status screen formatting updated when called from inside component or prediction
- Advanced Model Choices format spacing between toggle features
- Create New Project bug fixed and now allows saving when Locality, State/Province, and Region fields are missing from API
- Save Progress within the power plant builder bug fixed and now correctly saves every time
- When loading animation present, the notification message display time is extended
- Exporting a multi-year weather file now exports all years
- Compare weather chart screen now set to default on hourly view for graphs
- LID loss field saves correctly when edited in the DC Field
- Edit Block number picker no longer flashes when opening Power Plant for the first time
- When a user cancels Override Plant Design Temperatures, the inverter kVA will recalculate based on the new temperature
- Module field Short Circuit Current at STC value saves when changed
- DC:AC ratio is now an input option when creating a power plant
- Inputs and Assumptions document finalized
- Notification message for each upcoming release with link to the Release Notes section of Resource Center
- Design update to the login and logout screen
- End User License Agreement added for new users
- Inverter efficiency and derate curves design update to improve the ability to view each curve
14 JUN 2016
- General formatting styling updates to improve usability
- Persistent error messages now update once the error is fixed
- Area in application: Degradation Rate, Model Choices
- Error messages added when change status rule is violated
- Error message banners now wrap text to fit entire message
- Some error messages previously appeared behind the map and now are surfaced
- Area in application: Create New Project
- All notification messages are set to fade out and clear after 3 seconds
- Area in application: Saving and cloning notifications
- When weather file is selected in Environmental Conditions, summary dropdown defaults open
- Data Provider filter on weather map now functions properly
- New weather icon used on map view to improve visibility
- Enabled “branch out” feature when pins are overlapping to improve visibility
- Weather map satellite toggle now functions properly
- Prediction Builder summary now displays spectral as ON or OFF
- The module efficiency field is now auto calculated based on module wattage and module area
- Default Module Orientation drop down added to module files
- DC field orientation uses this parameter now as the default setting
- Filter defaulted to Global and Active for Module and Inverter lists within the Power Plant Builder
- Planned Module Count calculation fixed inside the DC Field of Power Plant Builder
- Plant Output Limit in System is now defaulted OFF
- The Block Capacity summary on the Block tab refreshes without having to Save and Close the Power Plant Builder
- Bug that displayed an incorrect DC:AC ratio on DC Field is now fixed
- Toggle added to disable first year degradation in Model Choices
- Product Releases tab added to the Resource Center to display release notes
- Contact Us feature located in the Welcome Back Menu and in the Resource Center added
- Plant Design Temperature station name and distance from project added to Environmental Conditions, as well as an override to adjust to customer values
- Bug preventing a clone of a running prediction is now resolved
- Cancel button located in the Weather, Inverter, and Module files, sends you back to the previous screen. Allows users to return to a prediction from viewing a component
- Minor rounding errors and spelling issues corrected on output reports
- The PlantPredict Template file updated: conditional formatting of required fields and allow import of multi-year weather data
- Default display of weather graphs changed to hourly view over daily range
- Clear Sky Model in weather charts now works when weather file is missing pressure
- Revised modules and inverter selection method in the power plant to improve user experience
31 MAY 2016
- Initial Release